Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Isolation and Confusion

This assignment actually gave me a very tough time because I couldn't quite nail down every aspect of taking photos with a shallow depth of field and kept getting photos that were just completely burry or somewhat blurry. As I went on, I kind of started understanding more of what I had to do, such as getting as close to/zooming in on the subject as possible and keeping the subject at a decent distance from the background, and adjusting my focal length a little more. I'm trying to improve upon manual focusing as well, so these pictures did not come out as sharp as I had hoped, although they aren't horrible. My lens also only goes down to a f/4.5, which it kind of unfortunate.

I chose these seemingly sporadic subjects simply because they were in front of me while I was practicing these kinds of shots at various times. I also gravitate more towards photographs that aren't as posed looking, candid, and random. These are four of my strongest photos, in my opinion.


1600 ISO | 70 mm | f/4.5 | 1/15 sec


1600 ISO | 60 mm | f/4.5 | 1/25 sec


1600 ISO | 70 mm | f/4.5 | 1/10 sec


1600 ISO | 70 mm | f/4.5 | 1/30 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment